Friday, October 26, 2012

Toned sketchbook- what took me so long?

Artist buddies like Donato have been rocking the toned sketchbook for ages, and I am only now just catching on! Using soft leads (Or ball point), 4B and softer and hitting it with a Generals White Chalk pencil. (Though the Derwent Chinese White works too, only harder to work back over if need be.)

I am trying to embrace the softness more in my sketch work. I am usually so... Karate Chop in my attack. I am enjoying sneaking up on it and petting it rather than bludgeoning it.










4 comments:

  1. Very nice! I have a large pad of colored ground paper, perhaps a toned sketchbook is in my future. I have so many plain white sketchbooks to fill up, though. Seems to be my family's present of choice for birthdays and holidays. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are inspiring. Love the sketches and all your character designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! Love them all but especially the Andes dude and his llama both spitting. Oh Scott, I can always count on you to put a smile on my face. Always...such life and personality in your work.

    ReplyDelete